Oppo sub-brand OnePlus is known for its competitively priced smartphones, which offer not only great hardware but also great software to use with OxygenOS. On the plus side, OnePlus devices offer the option to record calls on all smartphones, which we can’t see on all OEMs. However, you can ask how to disable this call, which is currently being recorded on the OnePlus device.
Surprisingly, all OnePlus smartphones released for individual OEMs come with Google Dialer and Contacts. This does not mean that the OnePlus smartphone does not have a dialer or contact application owned by OnePlus. This shows some of Google’s call recording policies. As a reminder, call recording features are not legal in many countries due to privacy issues.
How to Disable This Call Is Now Being Recorded in OnePlus
When Google’s stock call app starts recording the same calls on your OnePlus phone, other callers seem to be notified immediately. According to numerous reports, Google Dialer plays an audio message warning “This call is currently being recorded” before making a call.
The latest OnePlus devices, such as the OnePlus 8T, OnePlus Nord, and even the OnePlus 9 series, have to call log warnings. Therefore, it is better to follow the steps below to replace Google Dialer with the standard OnePlus Dialer on OnePlus phones. Using the OnePlus Dialer app, you can pause call alert audio.
Step 1: Download and install OnePlus Dialer
- First of all, you need to download the OnePlus Dialer (Phone) APK file to your OnePlus device.
- Once downloaded, install as usual. Click on the APK file and select “Install”.
- If the system requires the application to be activated from an unknown source, make sure the permission is “Allow”.
- Then go back to the app installation page and complete the process.
Step 2: Set OnePlus Dialer as the default dialer
- Run the OnePlus Phone (dialer) application.
- If it automatically asks you to, set it as the default application to call on your mobile phone.
- Just click on the Phone app on the OnePlus Phone app> Click on Default Settings.
Or you can do the other steps below.
- Go to the Settings app on your OnePlus smartphone.
- Then click on Apps and Notifications> Select Default App.
- Click the phone app option and select OnePlus phone (dial).
Step 3: Enable automatic call recording
- Open the OnePlus Phone (Dialer) app.
- Go to the three-dot menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Click on Settings and be sure to turn on the ‘Call Recording’ button.
Now, You can now record calls automatically using the Auto Record function.
The person you’re calling and automatically recording the conversation won’t know you’re using the call recording option. You can disable Google Dialer if you wish. To disable Google Dialer, long-click on the app icon> Click on App Info> select Disable.
Therefore, your competing caller will not receive any notification when recording your call. However, making a call without the recipient’s consent is not legal in most areas. We recommend that you comply with the laws of your region before using this feature.